Sunday, December 03, 2006

well said

"even after i made the decision to stop chasing after popularity, i still found myself feeling the inexplicable need to maintain at least a decent number of friendships. Yet when i steppeed back and really examined those friendships, i was surprised to realize that the majority of them were not true friends. they did not really know me, not did they have a desire to. i was simply another voice in the midst of their gossipy chatter, another body squished in the backseat of their car, another ear for their jokes and secrets, another workout partner, or another shopping buddy. though many of them were so-called christians, they did not have the remotest understanding of my desire to pursue intimacy with my Prince. if i were to try to explain it to them, i would be met only by blank, confused stares. why did i feel the need to devote my time to maintaining these shallow relationships?"

Leslie Ludy

**
when i look at isaac these days, i'm reminded of the humble beginnings of this relationship and how far we've come. i remember what a pleasant surprise he was, a fresh breath of life to my otherwise solitary existence. i didn't know until him, that i could fit so nicely and snugly into another person's heart and soul or that someone else could fit into mine.

i remember how i praised God when i thought of him and how i thought to myself ever so often that God must really really love me to entrust me to him.his soul is such a mirror of God's beauty. his blurness drives me crazy at times but its the exact same quality that endeared to me years ago. i'm the kancheong spider while hez the unshakeable rock (some say stone). we go hand in hand.( sometimes, his foot on my foot..and that'll follow by a perfectly pitched yelp of pain from me.).perfect complements we are.

anyways, three years later, i'm glad i still think the same. infact, these initial beliefs are further enforced. and i'm more thankful than ever for the grace that has seen us through even through the time we thought we couldn't go on together anymore. i really take my heart off for his commitment towards God and me. this man of mine really doesn't bear any grudges. if not for his graciousness towards my petty little heart, we would have self combusted.

i just wanto do it right. make it work.not just for us but for the glory of God.

loveee love love love him so so much.

No comments: