Thursday, December 17, 2009

Perhaps perhaps

Of late, I've been having the ridiculous insane notion of returning to my studies.

I truly regret giving up my chance at Murdoch to pursue psychology when most of my freetime is spent reading psych books, commentaries and wikipediaing psych-related stuff. This also translates to my fanaticism over 'criminal minds' which focuses on criminal psychology and 'the mentalist' which employs the study of human behavior and criminal psych. (The latter is quite crappy but I follow faithfully anyway)

Infact, my psych textbooks are the only relics I keep from NUS. Despite being a history major. Today, I can remember more about the damage done to the brain's cortex during an episode of chemical imbalance than the American civil war. I want to try to understand various mental illnesses and be equipped with the keys to free the captives trapped within the dungeons of mental illnesses.

I don't know why I made the U turn back and don't know if it was God's hand at work. But I can't wondering 'what if'.

If things had gone the way I wanted, I might still be studying or be on a very very different course in life. I wouldn't be selling lotions and shower cremes. www.soothe.com.sg might be a website with resources to soothe the inner turmoils that afflict many souls. Everything will probably be not that too different from the now but viewed from different lenses. My business will probably not be related to providing bathing supplies for the body but to bathe the wounds left by the ravaging diseases of the mind.

Ah well, its a bygone era that I can't reclaim. Maybe I'll revisit this when my grandchildren arrive or try to re-enrol into university with my kids. We'll see. If ever.

No comments: