Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Screaming inside but can't be heard.

I've been surrounded by a cloud of untruthfulness lately from people. It is extremely awkward when you bust their lie/hypocrisy and you know it's nothing but a cloud of smoke but have to watch them go on anyway in their little performance that no one enjoys.

**

It's painful when you know there was even a tinge of betrayal. And I say 'betrayal' only because I don't really have the right words. You could afford to be more honest, especially to me. But you didn't exactly steal anything, you just merely turned your back and hoped I didn't realize. And I wish I didn't find out.

Now I don't know how to face you and watch you keep up with your act, your disguise. It's too difficult to commute along the dark alleys of dishonesty to reach your heart and I'm not sure if I am ready to make that journey.

I am not that hurt. Slightly disappointed that you chose this.

But ah well, I can't say I didn't see it coming. I guess I chose to look the other way as well until it came to slap me in the face.

Go on and hide. I won't look (back).

**
Then there's you who has the dagger hidden in your sleeve, like a panther ready to pounce. It's so hard to decipher between the lines of your smiles and enthusiastic speech, like you really mean well.

Your over-zealous grin fades into nothing the moment I turn my back. Your every breath spells deceit to me and you remind me of a sleuthy panther, ready to pounce on a prey in the dark. You are always in ambush, never out in the open. You hunt with skill in the dark, I choose to be in the light and it frustrates you.

I'm just as frustrated at this game you play. It's a dog-eat-dog world we live in but I refuse to be your fellow bitch. It shouldn't be this way, especiallly for you. I hope you snap out of this pretense and fight because you're really dancing with the devil. I have been averted from your ploys too many times by the sheer mercy of the One who watches my back. What you are doing is dark but not hidden from His eyes. Wake up, seek mercy and move on. Your way will lead you to the pits.

No comments: