Sunday, February 03, 2008

lost a screw

past two weeks have been quite a pain to get through and i'm proud and glad to be here standing with a 'v' victory sign!*glee*

and i've realized that God truly does have a sense of humour coz he made me. i want to be sophisticated and cool and no matter how hard i try, turn out to be the exact opposite.

many of you already know the different shoes on different foot and related sagas. the latest is walking around with a comb in my head. the one time i attempted to comb my hair, i forgot to complete the process.

also, i continue to trip over air amongst other things.

**
belle's going back today. i can't say it's back coz thats not home. at least i don't want her to call it home.

it's far away in some ulu part of melbourne, it's almost part of the wildlife reserve. i get sad thinkingabout her alone in some tiny shoebox living amongst the wild animals. i would be so terrified if i see a butterfly or a spider. but she manages well and even cooks for herself. i am very proud of her. i can always count on her to feed people.

my only regret for her most recent visit back to Sg is that i didn't have time to stingray or crab with her or her family. it is her family who hold (fond)memories of me cleaning the crab out ...every morsel of meat so that the crab doesn't die in vain. and this is the familywho always generously feeds me in times past. i haven't eaten a proper stingray since steve irwin died but too late, stingray buddy has gone back and mei ling is just useless in that aspect coz she clears out the sambal and that is just on fun.

besides, belle actually eats slower than mei ling so i have time to eat my fill. enough said.

but i love mei ling too because she makes me laugh and feel better abt myself. belle has said that she can always count on us to still be able to have room in our stomachs at anytime of the day. and that makes me feelbetter becausei feel like in gluttony, there is mei ling for company.

and yesterday when i lay in bed laughing at myself (another strange self indulgent practice) at the silly things i do, ie. end upwalking in centrepoint with different shoes , a thought of mei ling came and i laughed even harder, all by myself and God. my friends bring so much joy.

she used to give tution to little kids because she is so smart andp atient. then once, after tution, she walked down one level fromthe apartment block to the lift landing only to realize she left her shoes at the student's house. so she was happilybarefoot trotting home.

i love my friends. they make me feel good abt myself in different ways.

*names have not been changed to protect privacy.

oh yes, goodbye ah belle. if financial miracle happens, i'll hop over to see you. if it doesn't, fly back for my wedding. i'll kick and scream like a brat if you don't show.<> sorry i was unable ot make more time this time around but i'm thankful for the times we had. =)

**
also, i learnt to cook one dish. so isaac will not need to go hungry and overdose on msg when we get married but can come home to piping hot home cooked food! he doesn't have to starve!! but he'll just have to learn to cope with eating one dish for the rest of the year (until i pick up another one)and the same girl for the rest of his life.

for this i can only exhort him to hold on to the word of God and be strengthened by the might of the Holy Spirit.

"call upon me in the day of trouble and i will deliver you"
"my grace is sufficient for you"

and in conjunction with the latest season of American idol, i conclude by being seacresty...

"OUT!"

No comments: